CODEX – THE STANFORD CENTER FOR LEGAL INFORMATICS
Residential Fellow (September 2018 – Present)
- Develop long-term strategy for the Center in coordination with leadership, affiliated faculty, and fellows.
- Co-design new student courses and workshops on artificial intelligence and the law, social entrepreneurship, computational law, and legal informatics.
- Pursue independent research and projects related to global legal innovation, computational law, and data commons.
- Organize and host events and conferences on global legal innovation.
- Represented the Center and presented at events throughout the U.S., Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
New York, NY and Washington, DC
Director (2013 – Present); Co-Founder, DC Legal Hackers (2013-Present)
- Serve as a global director of the largest grassroots legal innovation movement in the world, with over 140 chapters on six continents.
- Help define and execute vision and strategy for global organization.
- Facilitate new chapter development and cross-chapter collaboration.
- Organize panels, workshops, hackathons, award shows, and the annual Legal Hackers International Summit.
- Develop strategic partnerships and fundraise for events.
- Speak about the Legal Hackers movement at conferences including SXSW and the Legal Design Summit.
- Manage web presence and maintain chapter database.
KELLEY DRYE & WARREN LLP
New York, NY and Washington, DC
Senior Associate (October 2012 – September 2018)
- Served as lead associate in a successful D.C. Circuit appeal of a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rulemaking related to the FCC’s low-income broadband program.
- Counsel international telecommunications providers on National Security Agreement compliance and “Team Telecom” site visit preparation.
- Assisted international client with data breach response.
- Advised clients on federal and state privacy and data security obligations.
- Designed and drafted privacy statements, open Internet disclosures, terms of service, employee training manuals, and consumer notifications.
- Drafted and negotiated privacy and security terms in service provider and vendor contracts.
- Participated in client meetings before Congress, the FCC, and “Team Telecom” agencies.
- Drafted comments for network operators and trade associations in FCC proceedings related to privacy, open Internet, and universal service.
- Advised clients on spectrum licensing issues during product development.
- Supported clients in enforcement actions, audits, investigations, settlement negotiations, and administrative appeals. Conducted due diligence in mergers and acquisitions.
HONORABLE ROANNE L. MANN
U.S. District Court, E.D.N.Y, Brooklyn, NY
Law Clerk (August 2011 – September 2012); Legal Intern (Summer 2009)
- Conducted research and drafted orders, judicial opinions, and recommendations.
- Assisted with court proceedings, including oral arguments, settlement conferences, and jury selections.
- Advised judge on legal issues before the court.
COMMISSIONER ROBERT M. MCDOWELL,
Federal Communications Commission, Washington, DC
Law Clerk (Summer 2010)
- Researched telecommunications law and policy issues.
- Assisted in preparation for a Congressional hearing.
More at LinkedIn.